Wednesday, May 15, 2013

International Language Training Centre

I began a Kiswahili language course at the International Language Training Centre in the city of Mwanza on 22 April, 2013. The course is taught by Salalah, a German woman who has been living in Mwanza since 1984. Salalah not only teaches the course, she gives all of the students who are enrolled in the Kiswahili course a tour of Mwanza. She showed me which local markets, restaurants, book stores, electronic shops, butcher shops and groceries stores were the best in the city. She also showed me a nice candy store and ice cream parlor. I really appreciated being given this opportunity by someone who knows the city so well. I will begin my second month of Kiswahili classes next week and things seem to be progressing pretty well. 

 
This stone crocodile is on display next to the school building. The chameleon sitting on the crocodile is real. There are an abundance of these little creatures running around all over Mwanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment